SILO and Create Boot Floppy Fails.

I am attempting to resurrect an old SpacStation10...

I booted the machine using a rescue floppy, and proceeded with at net install of the Debian base system.  Everything seemed to work perfectly right up until the last step.

SILO wasn't able to install.

...but no indication of why?  Any ideas?

so I tried to create a boot floppy.

Creation of boot floppy failed.  I tried 3 different floppies to no avail.

so I checked tty3:

---
umount /dev/fd0: No such file or directory
umount /floppy: Invalid argument
write_boot_floppy: found floppy of size 1440
formatting floppy with cmd
'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/target/lib: /target/usr/lib"; /target/usr/bin/superformat /dev/fd0 hd
Creation of boot floppy failed
---

So now I can't boot from SILO or a custom boot floppy... does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do next?  How can I boot into my newly installed Debian box?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Andrew.