Re: debian on sparc, how many cd's?

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, ***** charles wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> >From what I understand, the latest stable Debian for Sparc
> is 3r1 and there is 6 cd's for it if I get the whole thing.  What
> I need to know if I download just the first one, can I get
> enough of Linux on my SS20 to come up to a command
> prompt when I am done?  Or, what is the minimal number
> of cd's I need to download and burn to get a minimal install
> with dialup networking going?

I got 99% of what I needed using just the first two CDs for my two vintage
Sparc IPXes. I expect you can get by with just the first one to start with
and add the others later, but you certainly can with just the first two.

All the best

Hugh

============S=u=p=p=o=r=t===D=e=b=i=a=n===http://www.debian.org==========
Dr. Hugh C. Pumphrey          | Tel. 0131-650-6026,Fax:0131-650-5780
School of GeoSciences         | Replace 0131 with +44-131 if outside UK
The University of Edinburgh   | Email hcp@met.ed.ac.uk
EDINBURGH EH9 3JZ, Scotland   | URL: http://www.met.ed.ac.uk/~hcp
============S=u=p=p=o=r=t==g=9=5==http://g95.sourceforge.net/============