Re: Poweroff Ultra 1 on shutdown

You have to patch a kernel for this. It also didn't work for me on Ultra 1 (power off on shutdown), but after I've applied a patch, it works fine. You will find a patch for that, when you will search this archive, to the past. Or write me a note, and I will send it to you, if you won't be able to find it yourself.

          mARTin

Lothar Armbruester wrote:
Hello out there,

I'm planning to install Debian 3.0r on my Ultra 1. But my first tests
showed that it won't power off on shutdown but end up in boot prom.
Before scrambling my Solaris I want to know if there is a kernel version
that can power off my Ultra 1 on shutdown.
Will kernel 2.4.18 do?

Many thanks in advance,
Lothar

--