Problem installing over serial console

Hi,

I tried to install debian sparc on my sparc5 from a cdrom using a
serial console , but I could not get it to use the CD as installation medium.

I did use the CD to boot the install though. It seems it does not get
recognized as a cdrom , but as a disk (sdb) instead.

As I tried installing over a serial console I couldn't switch consoles
to mount it manually.

Also , the rescue boot option did not help me, it booted into the installation
same as it does without the boot options.

I'm redoing the install now with a full graphical console.
Had to mount /dev/sdb manually to access the cdrom again......

Regards,

Jaap Hogenberg