Re: Woody on a Netra T1

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:59:54PM -0800, Nate Campi wrote:

> I run woody on a netra t1 105, no issues. I actually did my install on a
> UE2, though, and put the disk into the netra. This was just because I
> was too lazy to track down the adapter to use the rj45 serial
> connection, when I had an unused UE2 and a serial cable that fit it.

Some experiences, so enjoy ;-)

Today was the first try and without any succes. Was only able to find
a 3.0r0 (cd one) for Sparc, but that shouldn't be any problem. The
installation was going good until after making and mounting the
volumes. At that moment the installation app was leaving me with blue
screens, very long times to wait and install. After more then a hour
of building the packagelist I killed the installation for the third
time in a row.

The machine just installs and runs Solaris 8 and 9 just perfectly, so
the hardware isn't broke.

I took the machine home for some more testing, but hopefully someone
has some bright idea about what is going wrong.

Thanks for the time,
Hans