Re: Funkiness in snmpd/mrtg in unstable?

Tue 23 Dec 2003 à 11:08:13PM -0500, Mark T. Valites a écrit :
> I've done mrtg before, and even have it running on a couple x86 machines
> at the moment. The snmpd on my ultra appears to be woking correctly - I
> can walk and get whatever I'd like from both localhost and remote
> machines. The mrtg graphs however, always always show me 0s.

I have had a very frustrating experience with MRTG recently, but on
x86 platform. It took me around 2 days to figure out that all my
zeros came from... the MaxBytes parameter. Make sure it is indeed
greater than whatever values you poll!!!

Steps to troubleshoot this kind of issues would be
- try with snmpget to poll the same OIDs
- if you get zeros, your snmpd configuration might be the issue
(or you might just not have any traffic going through or you
might not be polling the correct ifIndex)
- if you do not get zeros, but mrtg reports zeros, look at your
  MaxBytes
- In any case, check the MRTG log files

Rgds