Re: incredible slow E250

* on the Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 05:22:06PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:26:53 +0100
> Peter Keel <debian@discordia.ch> wrote:
>
> > I got my E250 running with my own kernel (2.4.23-rc5-grsec), to be
> > correct, I got it crawling for some applications:
>
> Do the slowdowns happen without the grsec stuff added to the kernel?

You're right. It is grsec which slows down things like dpkg by
factor 6. I was too quick to rule that one out. Right now, I try
to find out which part of grsec is really responsible for it
(it shouldn't be the non-exec stack per se, according to the
authors).

Peter
--
Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin