Re: XFree86 on Sunblade 150

Ryan Terry (MessEdUp) wrote:
I am trying to configure X on a SunBlade 150.
I am using the ati Mach64 server, and it is working enough to where I can get a desktop and I can set my resolution, and see things just fine. The problem I have is that the top 2 inches of the screen seem to "bend" to the right about a half inch. Other than this the X-Server seems to be running well. I have drawn up a VERY dirty sketch of what the screen looks like just to try to explain, it can be found here: http://www.violentsin.com/images/X-Distoreted.png Any help would be appreciated.

What you've described/drawn sounds like less of an X problem and more of an adjustment problem on the monitor. You should be able to use the buttons on the monitor to adjust out the bend.

Of course, if that messes up the console image, then I'm wrong. (Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong; there was that time in 1974....)

--
Kent