Re: Want to have sparc-mini.iso working on my Sun Ultra 10

Hello,

> > I will try to work on the CD boot system from
> > http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/sparc-mini.iso if
> > possible.
>
> DOn't even bother. The image is something I generate by hand. The issue
> is in SILO, and I'll end up getting around to it really soon.

The problem with the sparc-mini.iso image is _not_ in SILO. I have do
many debugging with it in our bug-squashing party, without success.

Today, I have find some time to contine the tests, and after some tries,
I'm now able to boot my Ultra10 with a modified version of the
sparc-mini.iso. The problem was with the kernel image (/boot/sparc64). I
have re-build a new kernel, and all is OK.

Ben, I think you must rebuild the kernel. For information, I have build
a 2.4.21 with the standard gcc 3.3.2.

Hope this help.

		Olivier
--