perl upgrade problem

I upgraded gaim to unstable to have MSN support, and with it came a new
version of perl (gaim depends on perl?).

Any way, the new perl screwed up my amavisd-new which was spitting out lots of
messages about not finding utf8.pm, which was installed. The problem is that
it had the old paths in @INC and was pointing to no where.

I got a fix on amavisd-new making a symlink, but I would like to know how to
make it work correctly, and not expect another problem with some other perl
dependent aplication.

--
 17:55:01 up 23 days,  1:17,  4 users,  load average: 1.60, 1.31, 1.23
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'