Re[2]: Help wanted: reading Linux/SPARC partitions from a x86 PC

>How about using a mail client the wraps your lines?  Just a courtesy.

Excuse me Sir, I am using an emergency system running Wincrap cause the
Ultra 10 is disconnected :(.
I think now the wrapping is enabled.

>As soon as you mount the filesystem, especially if it's a journaled FS,
>it's going to try and do things to it, at least, if there's stuff in
>the journal, but there probably is if the system crashed while that
>file system was mounted.  Depending on your distro attempting to mount

The file system (ext3) is clean (or, at least, it should be) cause the
workstation was shut down cleanly.
The hard drive was removed to be placed as a secondary drive in the x86
box, but since backups are inaccessible due to tripped DDS3 tape, the only
hope to restore some data is to mount the file systems still laying on the
drive. The Ultra10 is pending hardware mantainance so installing the drive
back in the U10 is not an option.
I'll try to add support for Sun disklabel in the kernel, thanks a lot!
Fdisk recognizes that the disks hosts a Sun disklabel and lists correctly
the partitions in it, I'm running Sid+Experimental (due to the need for
Xfree 4.3) on the x86 box.

Thanks a lot,
Antonello.