Help wanted: reading Linux/SPARC partitions from a x86 PC

Hi there,
I was wondering if there's a way to restore data from a Linux/SPARC formatted drive (ext3 filesystem with Sun disklabel and the like) using a standard x86 PC for disaster recovery purposes.
Plugging the drive into the PC allows fdisk to see the partition table but (most probably due to the Sun disklabel or disk geometry, or whatever ;)) I can't mount any of those partition. Has anyone got through this situation? Maybe enabling advanced partition selection in the kernel might help, but I would like some feedback before modifying the pc's kernel (which is really really customized, and integrates many patches and external modules).

Thank you all,
Antonello