Re: SABRE0 uncorrectable error, aic7xxx

> while playing with a tapedrive on an Adaptec 2940UW SCSI HBA (aic7xxx)
> in an Ultra 5 I got some really weird errors (during tape I/O).
> Would this be due to a software or a hardware problem; and if it's
> software - where should I start looking for the bug ?
I had similar problems with kernel 2.4.18 - upgrading to 2.4.19 seemed
to fix it and it all works just fine now.  Bizaarly though it seems that
lots of the SPARC SCSI drivers report everything as a disk - I couldn't
get a scanner to work with mine as it registered as a disk to
sane-find-scanner.

Cheers,
 - Martin

--