Re: SABRE0 uncorrectable error, aic7xxx

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:28:25 +0200
Blaz Novak <blaz@gimb.org> wrote:

> Hi;
>
> while playing with a tapedrive on an Adaptec 2940UW SCSI HBA (aic7xxx)
> in an Ultra 5 I got some really weird errors (during tape I/O).
> Would this be due to a software or a hardware problem; and if it's
> software - where should I start looking for the bug ?

The aic7xxx driver is done one of two things:

1) Not setting up the PCI dma mapping correctly for a data
   transfer to/from the tape drive.

2) Tearing down a PCI dma mapping too early when doing a data
   transfer to/from the tape drive.

It could be that the scsi-tape driver is not setting the data transfer
"direction" field correctly in the scsi commands it generates.