Re: [DebToo-Devel] Some benchmarks from using apt-fu + modified pentium-builder

Heitzso wrote:

Problem is current libssl package doesn't build in sparc32
environment.  There's a bug in the package build setup.

BTW, lsh was recommended and it works wonders.  Slightly
less than 2 seconds to setup ssh/cvs-over-ssh, which is
remarkably better than the 10 or so seconds for setting
up ssh via openssl.  My email TSL still routes via openssl/libssl
and takes the 10 seconds, but otherwise ...

I recently built openssl-0.9.7b myself on my SS20 (SM61) debian "unstable" box (with -mv8 -O2). I don't recall any major problems doing that, and the authentication time was reduced from well beyond your 10 seconds to somewhere around 2-3 seconds.

Best Regards,

Michael Andersen