Re: libssl0.9.7 build fails sparc32

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 07:33:15AM -0400, Heitzso wrote:
> I haven't studied the guts of what's going on.  I'm just reporting
> what happens with apt-build on 32 bit sparc (mv8) system.
>
> Please let me know if there's some test or system check
> I should run to help clarify this problem.
>
> BTW, otherwise apt-build tends to work (I've used to
> build/install maybe a dozen packages since reinstalling
> deb unstable on this box).

Then it isn't a problem with sparc in particular, it's something broken
in the libssl build. You should report a bug on that package. Let them
know that v9 libraries should _not_ be built as 64-bit. The v9 optimized
libraries are meant to be 32-bit with v9 cpu optimizations.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/