Re: Hello

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 17:59, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 05:55:44PM +0100, Jonathan Andrews wrote:
> > Im new and probably stupid so please be patient :-) I also cant
spell,
> > so pleas forgive !
> >
> > I'm not a troll - and im not after a fight, I just wanted to share
with
> > people my experience of installing Debian on sparc while it was
still
> > fresh in my mind !   Its a long rambling account - sorry ! I just
offer
> > it as feedback for the people in charge :-)
>
> I hate to say this, but it seems like 90% of the "problems" you had
> would have been answered in the install docs. So your wasted time was
> your own fault. I don't mean to be rude, but you did send this long
rant
> about "shit" and "crap", and I felt the need to point out your own
> mistake.

Well I did say i'm probably stupid !

I didnt "crap" once !!

http://www.debian.org/ports/sparc/

But what install notes ? Is this another linux logic trap where I have
to install to get the notes to tell me how to install ;-)

The notes on the above link take you to the standard Debian documents,
all I wanted was the sparc specific stuff. Searching debian for things
like "xfree86 sparc" gets lots of hits, most are not relevant or German
! I've heard this is Debian type thing, its the stupid users fault for
now knowing how my project/distro/system is organised ? Thats number 2
in pet hates next to "read the source" or "its always worked like that"
- how is anybody with a life supposed to swallow enough of this to get
started ?

Jon

PS Sorry for the people I've emailed directly - I didn't notice the
reply-to address is the user not the list !