Re: Sparcstation-1 EPROM

Quoting Wojciech Moczulski <wojtus@pleple.ict.pwr.wroc.pl>:

> Few days ago a friend of mine brought me Sparcstation-1. But eprom on this
> machine has been erased throgh battery discharge. I've heard that there's
> possibility to install a kind of "typical" eprom chip with uploaded
> suitable code that'll will make this machine alive again. Could you tell me
> where can I get such a code and what type of chip should I use?

If you don't mind never to turn the machine of, I gathered some information on
how to fix this 'for free'...

http://www.bayour.com/PROM-Problems-SPARC.txt

This information was gathered from  http://squirrel.com/squirrel/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html
but unfortunatly I can't seem to reach that site...
--
radar cracking Noriega Nazi congress KGB pits Treasury spy [Hello to
all my fans in domestic surveillance] Iran munitions kibo fissionable