Re: Are Sunblade 1000s slow?

My experiances with dual and quad x86 systems that should blow an E4500 out
of the water have shown me that in multiprocessor applications, as the load
increases, the E4500 handles the loading much better.

My personal opinion as to why is related to the CPU cache and memory
architecture. In x86, each CPU has a smaller amount of cache and then
bottlenecks at the memory. In the E4500, even though each CPU is slower, the
higher number of CPU's and the layout of the memory makes it much harder to
slow down.

Now I need to get my hands on a good Quad Opteron to see how that feels!

--
S.W.