Installing Debian 3.0r1 Sparc on Sun Blade 100

Hi all,

I've been banging my head against a Sun Blade 100 running Sun OS Release 5.8 Version Generic_108528-08 64-bit, with 256MB of RAM, OpenBoot 4.0. I am trying to trash the the Solaris system currently running on the machine and install Debain 3.0r1 - woody. I have downloaded and burned the first three binary discs. After inserting the first one I press "stop - a" to get to the ok prompt and then type "boot cdrom" to boot from the CD. After booting from the cdrom I get the following on my screen:

Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux 3.0!

<then some description and a disclaimer>

[ ENTER - Boot install ]    [ type "rescue" - Boot into rescue mode ]
boot:

After determining that I want to install Debian, and not perform a rescue I hit enter whereupon I get the following message:

Fast Data Access MMU Miss
ok

and I'm back to the ok prompt. I can then type "cd" and it will take me to a location that has choices such as memory@0,0, aliases, options, etc. I have read that by typing in "limit-ecache-size" as a command I can fix this problem. But this has not worked for me. Either I am typing it to the wrong location or I have a different problem. If anyone knows what my problem might be I would greatly appreciate any and all help. Thanks very much.