Re: Are Sunblade 1000s slow?

Kent West wrote:

I also found this comment:

Make sure you create a ``Sun disk label'' on your boot disk. This is the only kind of partition scheme that the OpenBoot PROM understands, and so it's the only scheme from which you can boot. The /s/ key is used in |fdisk| to create Sun disk labels.

Nonetheless, even though I did not create a "Sun disk label" on my boot disk . . . everything seems to be working fine except for the speed issue.

I went back and looked in fdisk, and even though I didn't do anything to make the boot disk a "Sun disk label"'ed one, it was already labeled as such. Just Debian doing The Right Thing I reckon.

--
Kent