Re: [debian-sparc] Re: Are Sunblade 1000s slow?

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, David S. Miller wrote:

> 2) Continuing to maintain the sparc64 kernel helps quickly find
>    portability problems in changes that are made to Linux in general.

I wanted to have a Sparc machine for 2 reasons:
 - after more than 15 years, I'm fed up with PCs :(
 - I wanted to have a machine that behaves differently on 'badly written'
   programs (for example access to unaligned memory), to force me to write
   better code.

--
Erwann ABALEA <eabalea@certplus.com> - RSA PGP Key ID: 0x2D0EABD5
-----