debian/sparc serial console

I've transitioned my Ultra 10 from my primary Desktop machine to network server (having acquired a powerbook for my primary needs - still trying to get Evolution compiled on that.) I would like to access this Ultra 10 only through a serial cable & ethernet, without monitor or keyboard. I should be able to do this through some settings in Open Firmware right?

What do I need to set there, and what do I need to set inside linux so that it stops pestering me about no keyboard being attached. Can I set these open firmware variables from inside linux?

The machine is running fine right now without monitor or keyboard attached - I can access it fine through ssh.

And...
How do I disable X on boot?

This page: http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tips.en.html#s-no-x- start
tells me that I could try this:
update-rc.d ?dm stop 99 1 2 3 4 5 6

I'm running on testing. Would this work - I'm currently running debian/testing on the box?

Satadru