Re: antares qlogic sbus scsi controller ?

Yep-- missing the "intr" property.

I'd suggest you have two choices:

1) backport my interrupts-decoders patch from current BK 2.4.x to 2.2.x
2) migrate to a later BK 2.4.x kernel with the patch already included
   (the patch has been in BK for around 9 months)

The interrupts-decoders patch (against 2.5.x, but same as against 2.4.x) is changeset 1.838.172.14 at:

http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/user=zaitcev/patch@1.838.172.14?nav=!-|index.html|stats|!+|index.html|ChangeSet@-2y|cset@1.838.172.14

Heitzso wrote:
I ran the prtconf as you suggested and the following stanza
comes up for the qlogic controller:

            Node 0xffd7b350
                scsi-initiator-id:  00000007
                device_type: 'scsi'
                interrupts:  00000003
                wide:  00
                clock-frequency:  02625a00
                reg:  00000002.00010000.00000450
                model: 'QLGC,ISP1000'
                name: 'QLGC,isp'

                Node 0xffd7edf0
                    device_type: 'block'
                    name: 'sd'

                Node 0xffd7f340
                    device_type: 'byte'
                    name: 'st'

Which would appear that the controller is available(??).
However, if I have an external case attached to that
controller with drives in it I still get the no interrupts
found skipping controller etc. message.

Thanks for digging up the message in the driver.
Still no scsi controller.  I'll slide on it since
I'm not in a position to thrash the code.

Heitzso

Eric Brower wrote:

Heitzso wrote:

I have an sbus antares (actually a qlogic)
fast/wide scsi2 controller in my ss20 that the
bootprom finds and solaris found and used but
my 2.2.25 kernel flags as missing an interrupt
and skips over.

I think you are talking seeing this:

 >             /* Sometimes Antares cards come up not completely
 >              * setup, and we get a report of a zero IRQ.
 >              * Skip over them in such cases so we survive.
 >              */
 >             if (sdev->irqs[0] == 0) {
 >                 printk("qpti%d: Adapter reports no interrupt, "
 >                        "skipping over this card.", nqptis);
 >                 continue;
 >             }

Do you happen to have Solaris or Linux 'prtconf -pv' info for this system? No workaround is mentioned, but perhaps this is due to no "intr" property present in that FCode. Just a thought....

.