Update on mplayer support for Linux/SPARC

Hi there,
after further investigation, I collected some (I hope) interesting bugs
in mplayer for Sparc under Debian/Unstable.

Mplayer-1.0pre1
Crashes badly when opening video streams using the X11 driver on 24-bit
framebuffers (both the ATI/PGX and the Creator FFB2+ that I own). If the
PGX is set to 16 bit, video is rendered correctly. Using SDL driver,
video is rendered correcly on the PGX, and with wrong colors on the
Creator FFB2+. mplayer is compiled with mlib support.

Mplayer-0.91
Video is rendered correctly with both X11 and SDL drivers on the PGX,
both at 16 and 24 bit resolution. Wrong colors are outputted on the
Creator (24 bit) when using mplayer via a standard shell.
Surprisingly, when using the GUI on the Creator the graphical remote
control appears in dark blue color, but the movie colors are correct
using X11 driver (SDL is not supported in gmplayer). mplayer is compiled
with mlib support even in this case.

It's a mlib issue or mplayer's fault in your opinion? 0.91 works quite
well on the PGX, but there's no way to use mplayer+creator correctly.

Bye,
Antonello.

--
Antonello <etn@libero.it>