Re: [debian-sparc] ultra 1

Hi,

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, yaboo wrote:

> I have a ultra 1 creator. With a creator 3d video card.

Good video card.

> Does anyone have a x config file. The monitor is a sun 20D10 unit.

For the XF86Config-4 file, here's what I have (I have an Ultra2 with a
Creator 3D card, too):
 * in the section "Module", comment the 'Load "dri"' line
 * in the section "Device", set the Driver to "sunffb", and an option
   named "UseFBDev" to "true"
 * my monitor is a 17 inches one, (model #365-1343), and my frequencies
   are 30-82 horizontal and 48-150 vertical. Yours might vary.

> also how do I get sound working.

Compile the sound driver in the kernel, configure the audioctl package
(file /etc/default/audioctl), shut down the aRTs server (KDE) or the
equivalent under gnome, and use OSS output in your sound software (xmms
works well, mplayer too).

I don't know how to get event sounds with KDE and the aRTs server, I
haven't tested gnome yet.

> Does mozilla also have realplayer, flash etc for sparc.

Don't know.

--
Erwann ABALEA <eabalea@certplus.com> - RSA PGP Key ID: 0x2D0EABD5
-----