Re: sunffb AGAIN..

On Thursday 25 September 2003 12:51, David S. Miller wrote:

> > I finally got my Creator (2d, generation 3) UPA video card for my
> > Ultra10. The card works, I get dual head display but I can't find a way
> Read the replies I gave to that person on this list instead of
> asking the question again.

I lost a lot of messages about that question. However, I went on Google groups
and retrieved the correct settings to let the framebuffer conform to my
standard video mode.
I still have one problem left: Mplayer, both with x11 that with SDL output,
renders movie files with an incorrect color table on the Creator. On the
standard PGX64, colors are OK. On the Creator, colors are rendered the wrong
way, and I have no other movie player to test under Linux/SPARC (since VLC
simply won't work, using both video cards). This thing happens only with
Mplayer, normal X display is smoothly clear. Since I see portions of the
output rendered with the right colors, I'm wondering what exactly the problem
is, rendering myself able to file a proper bug report to the Mplayer team.
Someone using Mplayer and sunffb there? :)

Bye,
Antonello

--
Antonello Iunco <etn at libero dot it> - Natural Born Betatester
Cruising the Web on a (Modified) Debian-Powered Sun Ultra10