Re: ss20 dual ross hypersparc; smp; 2.4/2.6 kernel

On Tuesday 23 Sep 2003 14:53, Heitzso wrote:

> Next note is 'make bzImage' doesn't work in this
> version of the kernel.  A simple 'make' builds
> vmlinux and I (believe, haven't tried) can work
> from there.  NOTE I assume this is not related
> to sparc architecture but have not tracked it down.

bzImage simply isn't used on SPARC arch. You can create an uncompressed kernel
image by doing 'make vmlinux'. As long as you've got the disk space, it's
MUCH quicker to boot uncompressed images anyway. IIRC, 'make vmlinuz' creates
a compressed image.

> Finally, I haven't tried running with this new
> 2.4.23-pre5 kernel yet.  That's next.

A good list of which kernels do/don't work on SPARC can be found at:
http://osinvestor.com/sparc/.

Regards,
David.