ot: we've been scraped

Fellow Sparcers,

I've gotten about 70 virus/worms today of the current Wintel variety.
My Sparcs w/Debian are quite immune, fortunately.

One of the messages seems legit, from a filter than identified the
senders of identical messages instead of passing on the payload.  It
contained lots of familiar IDs from the Debian Sparc list.  My address
used for Debian email lists was in there as a sender -- this virus/worm
is a forger of sender addresses.  The virus/worms do not seem to be
traveling through the Debian mailing lists since my procmail is leaving
all of them in the inbox.

Someone who reads this list may have done so from a Windows machine, and
had their web cache or email mailboxes scraped when they were infected.

So what's a Wintel user doing reading debian-sparc?  It's time to stop
reading and trade in that hardware and dying OS for something like a U10
or U60 with Linux ..

-- SP