Re: Illegal instruction after upgrade

> > Since that upgrade many processes won't start and even commands like ps are
> > giving back "illegal instruction".   I'm guessing that there is some
> > instruction in libc6 that is not valid on the SPARC (i.e. a bug), but am
> > not sure now how to back out of this situation.
> If you have a sun4c system, you are shit outta luck.  Current Debian
> is being compiled with hw multiply instructions which are not available
> on sun4c processors, effectively sun4c isn't supported anymore and
> frankly I don't blame them, stick with Sid.
Hmmmm... is it worth making some sort of note about this available - I
still have sun4c systems I want to run so it might be nice to give a
flag to dselect to say 'find the most advanced packages that are sun4c
compatible'... or at least a package list of the last versions available
for sun4c.

Cheers,
 - Martin

--