Re: SILO won't run

On Thursday 11 September 2003 15:43, Owen Mehegan wrote:
> I'm not sure which version of the Debian install this is, I'm using the
> mini-sparc image that I found here:
> http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/
>
> In any case, the issue with SILO comes up _during the install,_ so right
> now I'm stuck. The install wants to run SILO so the system can be bootable,
> but that won't run. For some reason it also will not create a boot floopy.
> Since I'm in the midst of an install, apt-get doesn't seem to be present,
> so I can't take your suggestion of updating and checking. Any other ideas?

Is it possible to finish the installation without installing SILO, then boot
your installation using a boot disk and then try what I suggested?

It seems you have a duff package set with the wrong version of either SILO or
glibc. You could try contacting whoever it is that distributes the mini-ISO
image and see if they can replicate & fix the problem.

If possible it might be an idea to try an official full ISO image - at least
it is (almost) guaranteed to work.

Regards,
David.