Re: Dealing with PC graphics cards (was Re: X or KDE freeze system)

<snip>
> This seems to be the only limit on being able to run an arbitrary number
> of graphics cards (even if they are just in bog standard VGA emulation
> mode or even if they are console only) in any box.  Unless ofcourse
> anyone knows differently... in the breif research I've done apart from
> some arcane pokes to the driver chips to set them up (either from the
> drivers or the BIOS on the card) I can't see any reason why this
> wouldn't work....
Sorry - being dense for a moment.  This is ignoring the fact that most
PC graphics cards use the same address range; not a problem with SPARCs
or the dual/quad cards I have which are set to a different address.

Cheers,
 - Martin

--
Martin