Re: cannot find sparc64.gz

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:55:57 +0200
Antonello <etn@libero.it> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:23:19 -0700
> "David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually, if you copy libmlib.so.* from a Solaris system onto your
> > Linux/debian box then rebuild mplayer, it should pick it up.
>
> What?!? :)
> I'll try this ASAP.

Yes, it should work, I just checked the mplayer configure
scripts and if you run it with these args:

./configure --enable-mlib --with-mlibdir=/where/I/unpacked/mlib

it should just work.

The configure script will try to compile this test program:

#include <mlib.h>
int main(void) { mlib_VideoColorYUV2ABGR420(0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0); return 0; }

Building it using these options:

gcc -I$(MLIBDIR)/include -L$(MLIBDIR)/lib -lmlib

Where "$(MLIBDIR)" is the value of the --with-mlibdir= option you
gave on the mplayer configure command line above.

So you can use this to figure out what might be going wrong
if the configure script can't see mlib for some reason.