Re: SABRE0 errors in dmesg

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:02:47 +0200
Antonello <etn@libero.it> wrote:

> I'm using the standard unstable 2.4.21 kernel and I was just trying
> to open an AVI file via mplayer, to be viewed on the local display
> (driven by the stock ATI Rage Pro 64 embedded on the motherboard).
> It smells like a CMD640 bottleneck problem, I'll try with scsi when
> I'll have some hardware available, I have an unused Sun external
> drive box at work and I can try that.

The kernel message you quoted can only be caused by a software
bug in some driver in the kernel.

Was sound active when that message occurred?

Need to know which drivers using DMA were active in your
system so I know which drivers to audit.  Currently the list
is IDE and the onboard sound device of your Ultra10.