Re: SABRE0 errors in dmesg

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 20:15, David S. Miller wrote:

> > sys32_ioctl(mplayer:1817): Unknown cmd fd(3) cmd(8004700c) arg(00000400)
> > SABRE0: Uncorrectable Error, primary error type[DMA Read:Translation
> > Error]
> Using bttv device perhaps?

Negative, I'm using the standard unstable 2.4.21 kernel and I was just trying
to open an AVI file via mplayer, to be viewed on the local display (driven by
the stock ATI Rage Pro 64 embedded on the motherboard). In fact, the movie
shows up but with a very slow frame rate. The driver used was SDL. I notice
these warning using VLC instead of mplayer (output driver being the same) but
movie doesn't show up at all, it seems that the stress induded by attempting
to play the file causes the problem. (Or maybe, it's SDL (standard debian
libs in unstable were used to build mplayer, while vlc is included in the
distribution).
It smells like a CMD640 bottleneck problem, I'll try with scsi when I'll have
some hardware available, I have an unused Sun external drive box at work and
I can try that.

See you,
Antonello

--
Antonello Iunco <etn at libero dot it>
Cruising the Web on a (Modified) Debian-Powered Sun Ultra10