Re: cannot find sparc64.gz

hi there,

deb is great. i downloaded the new release 1 of woody 3 and everything is
fine.
with a little trick i was also able to install it on a scsidisk with an
adaptec 19160 - i had to mount my previous root partition first before i
could load modules....what a luck i got an ide hdd also....i dont know how
this can be fixed, but i should have load modules for the unsuopported
devices before having a root-partition, ot a supported ide-device with a
writeable mini-root, just for install *g*
installation was fine and very fast on my u5/333/512 and u160 scsi, wow -
a rocket.
after finishing install i was asked to boot......ok, but my sun is only
booting from ide0. i tried to add some devaliases on my boot-prompt, e.g.
devalias scsi0 /pci@1f/... somehting like ide, but i got no results, just
'cannot find boot-device' from the prom.
i tried it with 'probe-scsi-all' but there was no output..... is this
command supported on my u5? (bp 3.15 i think)
i read about scsi and u5 and saw there may only be symbios controllers are
supported on this platform...
this questions may be off-topic in this list, but are a result of my tests
*g*
sorry for my bad english.
but as a good result, i learned from debian how to do a good boot and
silo-config, also how to create a sun disk label, .... a hint to use the
hardware defaults would be fine... my disk had 1gb at first...hmm (i
thought it was 9)
maybe i can write a better installation howto for gentoo *ggg*, theire
theory is quite different from practice. uh.

thanks folks
volker

www.raketenclub.de
www.erdtrabant.de