Sparc 10 sbus quad ehternet

I am using a Sparc 10 with an sbus quad Ethernet card. I have a question about
my quad Ethernet card. I have read that I need to set the "local-mac-address?"
firmware variable to get separate mac addresses for the card. I have tried
setting the variable to true and false, but it doesn't make any difference, I
still get the same mac address for eth0 - eth4, What am I doing wrong? Am I
correct in thinking that should have 5 separate mac addresses, counting the on
board mac address? If I am correct then what am I doing wrong, what else do I
need to do to each interface to have its own mac address?
Lee

Eat a live toad first thing in the morning, and nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day.