New install on a SPARC Ultra2

Hi all,

first of all, I would like to congratulate and thank
you for the stellar jobs you have done with the SPARC
port of Debian. I am completely new to Debian, but not
to GNU/Linux.
I have been running Suse 7.3 for the last few months
on my 2 x 168MHz SPARC II Ultra2 but I wasn't
satisfied with an old and unsupported version of
Linux, so I started shopping around for a new distro
and decided to give Debian a try. For an advanced
user, the install is clear and simple and fits on
about 200MB. The only problem I have is with reiserfs.
As I am using the box as a firewall, I would like to
install as little software as possible, so if I could
avoid installing GCC, then that's fine by me. So I had
decided to only use the already compiled kernels, but
it looks like none of them is including support for
reiserfs, either in the kernel or as a module. I
installed the reiserfsprogs, but without support in
the kernel, I can't do much with those.
First of all, is there a way I can get the compiled
module for reiserfs, without compiling it myself?
Then, do you plan to ship future version of the kernel
with reiserfs support?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and again hats
off.
Bertrand Sirodot.