Re: v880 and debian/stable

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:32:21 -0500
Chris McClimans <Chris.McClimansNOSPAM@ttu.edu> wrote:

> > I'd be willing to bet it needs the recent fixes I sent to Dave Miller
> > for the newer OBP's. There's no kernel images with that fix yet, but
> > one
> > is coming soon.
> >
> > The v210 is a IIIi cpu, and it requires a newer PCI controller driver
> > that Dave has been working on lately. Maybe we'll get it working soon.
>
> What email list / development place do these type of  changes take
> place (linux kernel mailing list?)
> I'd like to wrap my head around the issue personally if possible.

The "newer OBP's" change is already in Marcelo's 2.4.x tree.
The discussions about this occurred on sparclinux@vger.kernel.org

The v210 and Ultra-IIIi cpu/PCI support work is happening privately
between Ben and myself.  Once we have something working on this
machine, we'll publish our results immediately.