Re: v880 and debian/stable

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 04:03:40PM -0500, Chris McClimans wrote:
> I found a few accounts of v880 debian install attempts but no one seems
> to have had any success. Ben Collins seems had some interesting
> attempts with smaller tftp image sizes as recent as October of last
> year, but I wanted to see if there have been any developments elsewhere.
> Has anyone been able to get the linux kernel to boot in any fashion on
> a v880?
> -chris
>
> Ref:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2003/debian-sparc-200307/
> msg00020.html
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2002/debian-sparc-200210/
> msg00137.html

I'd be willing to bet it needs the recent fixes I sent to Dave Miller
for the newer OBP's. There's no kernel images with that fix yet, but one
is coming soon.

The v210 is a IIIi cpu, and it requires a newer PCI controller driver
that Dave has been working on lately. Maybe we'll get it working soon.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/