Re: sparc scsi esp depends on pci & hangs on boot

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:25:58 +1000 (EST)
ian <imroy@spin.net.au> wrote:

> Ok, so you're not. Do you have a technical reason or do you just not have the
> time or motivation?

I have neither time nor motivation wrt. this :-)

> For those of us interested in making these changes, any pointers or suggestions?
> I imagine this would not only require making a proper
> include/asm-sparc/dma-mapping.h but also converting drivers?

Doing the same kinds of things done with generic struct device and
struct bus_type in linux/pci.h and drivers/pci/*.c, and do that
in drivers/sbus/sbus.c and include/asm-sparc*/sbus.h

The dma-mapping.h part is more involved and can be deferred
until after the first step is completed.