Re: sparc scsi esp depends on pci & hangs on boot

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, David S. Miller wrote:

> Everything just works, as it always has, and it's not going to break
> any time soon.
>
> What I'm saying is that I'm not going to move the SBUS layer
> over to use generic devices.

Ok, so you're not. Do you have a technical reason or do you just not have the
time or motivation?

For those of us interested in making these changes, any pointers or suggestions?
I imagine this would not only require making a proper
include/asm-sparc/dma-mapping.h but also converting drivers?