Re: sparc scsi esp depends on pci & hangs on boot

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:33:40 +0100 (BST)
"C.Newport" <crn@netunix.com> wrote:

> Ouch - As I mentioned a few days ago, the Ex000 range can have a
> mixture of SBUS and PCI.

So what?

> This configuration is becoming increasingly
> common as these machines are upgraded to attach to SAN stuff and
> other FCAL variants for which there is no SBUS card.

Nothing I have said prevents these systems from fully
working.

Because I won't move SBUS over to generic struct device,
none of the SBUS device drivers will change either, therefore
everything works as it does today.

What's the problem?