Re: sparc scsi esp depends on pci & hangs on boot

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 01:20:56 -0600
Otto Solares <solca@guug.org> wrote:

> everything else includes the generic one (pci dependant).
> With this model what happens if a box had more than one
> bus type (if technically possible)?

If the architecture wants to support such situations,
then the implementation needs to vector off to different
operations based upon the actual bus type.

Even though technically devices having SBUS and PCI variants could do
this, none do currently, and also I do not use the generic device
model in the SBUS layer, therefore I'm not going to add such multi-bus
support to what Sparc uses for dma-mapping.h

If someone is bored and willing to do all of the generic device and
->dma_ops work for Sparc and SBUS, feel free to send me some patches.
Otherwise, it won't get done :-)