Re: Big LVD160 disks on a SS20 (perhaps a bit off topic)

Hi Rafael.

Hmmm.

Last week I bougth a brand new SCSI drive, Hitachi (ex IBM) Ultrastar, 36 GB.
Labeled as Ultra 320 LVD/SE SCSI. I just pluged it into an SS20 as the second
drive. On boot, I get a message about missing SUN disk label, but the machine
is booting without problems from boot drive (booting Solaris 8, my Debian
SS20 is closed and in use right now).

What is a standard SCSI II connector? I don't have the info here right now.
Maybe you try to connect to the wrong connector?

The SS20 has three SCSI connector types. External connector is high density
SUB-D narrow SCSI (that's what I think from looking at it right now).
Internally you have a standard 50 pin connector for the internal CDROM and
two 80 pin SCA connectors (those ones with integrated power supply) for two
hard disks.

Do you try to connect to the 50 pin CDROM plug?

If not, I could try with Woody, but not before next week.

Regards,

   Hartwig