Re: Phoenix/Firebird on Sparc32?

Bob Syristatides wrote:

I was perusing the Debian-sparc mailing-list archives looking on info regarding running/building Firebird on sparc32.  I ran across your post on the subject here:

Did you ever find binaries?  Did you succeed in building it yourself?  I have a Spard 5 running woody.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Bob Syristatides

Hello Bob,

mozilla-firebird (name of the package) is in sid and sarge. I have tested it on a sparcstation 5 (128 MB Mem, IceWM, running sid), it took 35 seconds to load.

Takes a download of about 10 mb, and an installed size of about 30 MB

Hope to have helped..

Package references:

http://packages.debian.org/testing/web/mozilla-firebird.html for testing
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/mozilla-firebird.html for unstable