Re: Compiling a kernel that works

Craig Small said:
> Hello,
>   I seem to be having a lot of problems getting a kernel that will work
> on the sparc64 arch.  All I need it to do is to use a VPN protocol - any
> VPN protocol.

be sure your using the egcs64 compiler to build the kernel.

I have built 2.4.x kernels on my ultra 1 with the 'tun' driver
built in(used by vtun). works fine(e.g. doesn't crash), haven't
had a need to actually use a vpn on that machine though.

the tun driver is also used by other vpn packages as well though
I can't remember their names

nate