Re: Compiling a kernel that works

>When I try to compile a kernel and then boot it I get this:
>Boot device: disk  File and args:
>SILO boot:
>Uncompressing image...
>|
>Memory Address not Aligned
>ok
>
>I've tried gcc-2.95, gcc-3.2 and gcc-3.3 and kernel 2.4.20 and 2.4.21
>It's an Sun X1 system.

Which version of Debian do you run? If you're running stable you
should use the egcs64 package to compile your kernels. In any other
case use gcc-3.2.3 (announced recently by BenC). However, since I've
never touched an X1 there may be other issues.

Gruss
Steffan

---
I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.
This email was infected under the terms of the GNU General Public License.