RE: Kernel 2.4.21 does not work on my SS20

The logical conclusion would be that INIT is screwed up....

Either that or 2.4 in itself is in real bad shape.

As INIT fails whatever the kernel version I've tried, Debian stable, 2.4.20
from kernel.org compiled by myself, 2.4.20 from osinvestor.

Damn, I don't remember if I had the same problem with 2.2.20 from stable.
That's really too bad. I should try it.

If I remember, someone else here had said that it may be an INIT issue
related to the Ross HyperSparcs.

My vote goes for the INIT bug in SMP mode...

OK, who here runs sun4m boxes in SMP, 2.2 and 2.4 kernels with INIT
startups?

What can be done to help squash that bug?

That Sparc should be available soon as a test bed if it help.

I'm not much of a programmer anymore, so remote access to the box is all I
can provide.

Nico
http://rdo.homelinux.org