RE: Kernel 2.4.21 does not work on my SS20

Got the same problem here...

The machine randonly hangs at the INIT stage during boot.

INIT seems to be shaky on Woody stable for Sparc, as it really doesn;t like
respawning processes too quickly (I had the problem with the virtual
consoles when booting without keyboard).

Once the machine passes the initial INIT, it is rock stable...until the next
reboot.

I had that with stock stable kernels, my own kernel, and the OSInvestor
kernels, all 2.4.x SMP, on an SS20, dual Ross 150MHz (single modules) and
128 MB of RAM.

Luckily, I don't need to reboot too often too often.

Linux rdo 2.4.20smp #1 SMP Sat Nov 30 18:26:58 EST 2002 sparc unknown
08:34:32 up 57 days, 19:34,  1 user,  load average: 0.33, 0.15, 0.08

Nico